Friday, September 27, 2013

Georges Cuvier and the Mosasaur

In our Year 4 assembly today we performed a play about the French scientist Georges Cuvier, and the dramatic discovery that giant reptiles once filled the land, seas and skies.

Up until this time people had not realised that there were many extinct animals that were very different to the animals alive now.

The one Georges Cuvier studied we now call a Mosasaur. It was a huge carnivorous sea reptile. It's the "Sea rex" we mentioned earlier.

This is the play again, this time as a slide-and-sound show:



Here, again, is the documentary film about the Mosasaur that we watched some of:

12 comments:

  1. Well done year 4 for your amazing performance today in assembly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Mr Gregg and well done Year 4. I was sorry to miss your assembly, but at least I can see the slide show! I'm sure Year 6 will enjoy it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for a wonderful assembly Y4. Bravo!
    I've enjoyed looking around your blog especially as you were the first class I ever blogged with :-) That must seem a long time ago for you. I'm just setting up a new Y2 blog this evening for Miss Curran and me to use with our Y2s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The assembly was great! Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the video though it was a bit too long! The Mosasaur reminds me of a Pokémon. It is amazing how they did the animations! I'll give it 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeh there is a Pokémon that looks like a Mosasaur. I really really like video. I wondered how it is made.

      Delete
  6. Hey Jacques! I really like your desguise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iloved the assembly! thank you for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaques you do very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the video but it was awesome wen there was blood!!!!!!!! Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the assembly .It was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete