Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Off we go skiing in Pyrenees mountains (and I'm first time seeing snow!)

On 29th of December we went skiing with my friends.We went to Ax-les-Thermes, one of the major ski stations . We  went by train to Ax-les-Thermes. Finally we reached Ax-les-Thermes train station. From there we went by bus to  the real ski station. Up we go in the cable car. Oh it's warmer than I thought! We rented our ski sets and off we go skiing!!! I slowly learned skiing but I didn't become an expert (that's obvious for the first timer!) but I was extremely happy and proud to have skied quite well!

It is 5:00pm now. Now there was  another cable car which took us even higher from the base station, and we decided to go up. We bought our tickets and up we went. We reached it at last, but before we reached it we got  stuck as the power of the cable cars went off and down below it was so deep and scary. I... it's very cold it is -10 and I could not bear it any more, so we quickly came down.

Oh no, it is 6:00pm and our train is at 6:20pm.GOSH!!! Only 20 minutes to catch the same! We again quickly came down the cable car and all of us ran for the train. We reached it on time, the others were waiting for us. We caught our train and left.

Bye bye! See you snow the next time!!
(The people who were waiting were the people who's children felt cold and had to leave back early.)

Here are couple of the pics captured:

Wishing you all a very happy new  year 2014!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun skiing!
    Was it exciting when you saw the snow for the first time?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Pablo i was excited only some of my friends and my mother hadn't seen snow too but my father has also as my fathers friend.( some only)

      Delete
  2. Did you never see snow in india?
    it looks like you had fun skiing!
    was your birthday on the 25th good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i never saw snow in India ,snow happens only in the nothern contries of india
      like in delhi it snows and india is triple size of france so it's tough to see all the states.

      Delete
  3. Advait, that's a great account of your day at Ax-les-Thermes! I like that place a lot - it's where I learnt to ski (a little) too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mr Gregg even i think that place is good beacause is a bit warm.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading about your day. Snow is beautiful isn't it? Did you get to throw a few snowballs as well? Hope you had a great birthday. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and a happy newyear to you to smow is very beautiful. i could throw a snow ball but same came inside my clothes and reached my body.

      Delete